job title: reprographics print assistant
number of roles available: 1
location: unit 4, 22 & 23, 1 emma street, E2 9FP | no remote available, onsite only
hours: monday – friday, 10-2 (for the first month, with some flexibility for the right candidate)
salary: £10.85 – 12.85 per hour | paid weekly, you will be expected to generate an invoice and deal with remitting your own taxes.
contract type: temp to permanent | one week paid trial at 10.85 per hour | one month probation | 5 month contract with a permanent 20 + hours for the right candidate
start date: no later than monday 30th august 2021
- minimum 6 months experience in a similar role – references required
- adding customisation to artwork using indesign
- editing mockups in photoshop, cropping and saving images for web
- some image editing (cut outs with clipping paths, adjusting levels and curves)
- creating press ready pdfs, knowledge of different paper types
- printing inhouse with an ability to multitask and manage multiple print runs simultaneously
- preparing orders for dispatch (training will be given)
- some customer admin work, contacting customers for missing order details
- quality checking artwork before print, making minor corrections to artwork
- basic numeracy skills and excellent attention to detail
additional duties: you will be expected to help warehouse and studio staff with production and order fulfilment, especially at busy times, as well as making up products and general office admin.
about you: this is not a creative role for a budding designer, this is a role for a reprographics artworker, with a can do attitude and experience printing in house, proofing and preparing finished artwork. this is a role for someone willing to get stuck in and be a good team player. we are a small and rapidly expanding team and looking for people to grow with us.
future prospects: xoandquin is a rapidly expanding e-commerce brand, additional hours and permanent roles will become available in the future and on-site training will be given and additional roles created.
how to apply
- email email@example.com
- subject line ‘reprographics print assistant’ (all lowercase to prove you can follow an instruction, this is a house style)
- provide a definition for leading and kerning (line 1) | indicate your start date | tell us a bit about yourself | don’t forget to attach your cv!
any applications not following the above instructions will not be considered | XOandQuin will only contact successful applicants
image credit: martin faure via unsplash